Thursday 29 March 2012

Ghazghkull Thraka - Bad Moonz version - Completed

My hat's off to the Games Workshop sculptor responsible for making Ghazghkull Thraka such a joy to paint. Full of many fine details, the Ork Warboss had a nice combination of organic and metallic parts to paint. Photos were taken with an on loan Nikon D60 DSLR camera. Ghazghkull Thraka lacks some decals as well as washes and paint chips on the armour, but it is essentially done.

Ghazghkull Thraka without his 'iron jaw' on but ready for Waaaggh!
My grandpa ... what sharp teeth you have.
Side shot highlighting the Big Shoota.
Right shoulder armour lacks a tad of wash for shadows ... another item for the to-do list
Wires, wires, everywhere.
Yet more wires and other 'whatchamacallits'.
Side shot of the Powerclaw. 
Individual wiring colours on the Ork Warboss's left arm was a chore to do.
Ghazghkull Thraka gets his 'iron jaw' on.
Front profile of a fully assembled Ghazghkull Thraka
Right-sided profile of a fully assembled Ghazghkull Thraka
Left-sided profile of a fully assembled Ghazghkull Thraka

A fledging army
With Ghazghkull Thraka finally completed, the mood is set for the rise of a Bad Moonz ork army. It won't be long before a green tide sweeps over all that the dead emperor holds dear. With Thraka as the honourary leader (his Bosspole still retains the red colour of his Goff Klan) of the Bad Moonz army, surely the Imperium of Man is at an end?

Ugg and Ogg have a bossman at last.

My trusted LG Phone Camera VS a Nikon D60 DSLR
There could only be one winner ... need I say who. Unfortunately I won't have access to the Nikon D60 as much as I would like to ... meaning most of my blog pictures will still be taken with the LG phone camera ... but on rare occasions I might still be able to borrow the Nikon for some shots.
Front picture - LG Camera Phone (left), Nikon D60 (right)
Back picture - LG Camera Phone (left), Nikon D60 (right)

8 comments:

  1. nice paintjob..
    btw, it's time to get a more proper camera, don't you think so?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. With regard to getting a proper camera ... the heart is willing but unfortunately, for now, I don't have the budget for it. =(

      Delete
  2. Very nicely done!! Love how you've painted the face. Looks really menacing. You've really stepped up your painting skills man :)

    Well done. Looking forward to seeing more of this army :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! =) I am just glad I did not make a mess of it and hopefully it can be considered tabletop quality.

      Delete
  3. Great job! this is your best so far. I think the yellow could use another highlight but other than that its excellent!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good eye Snake88 ... I did indeed forget to put in the final yellow highlights. I was too worried about putting in shadows and paint chips to make it more grimy looking.

      Delete
  4. Great job there.. but I thinks it's too clean for an ork. Great looking warboss still :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for the advice. Heh heh ... you are indeed right. =) I agree that it's a bit too clean ... especially the armour. It looked dirtier in real life. I was a bit surprised at how bright and clean it looked when I used the DSLR camera to take its picture.

    I guess I should either (a) wash it with Devlan Mud or (b) colour in a lot of paint chips. Might do just that later on.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...