Monday 7 January 2013

An Arrow to the Knee

I know I know, this Skyrim joke is so last year. But it was only recently that I had managed to replace my old broken down PC with one that could play Skyrim and do the game justice. The rest, as they say, is history. Since I installed the game, I have been hooked and have plonked in about 35 hours so far (so says Steam) and I still feel that I have barely touched the surface of what the game has to offer. Sadly this means I have neglected my hobbying for a record time now, and my Word Bearer minis have remained untouched since I last worked on them one month ago.

I used to paint miniatures until ...

Hopefully I can tear myself away from the game soon and start working on my poor Dark Apostle. (That's actually easier said than done because I recently went bonkers during the Steam Holiday Sale Extravaganza and purchased a fair number of games at discounts of up to 75%) Below is a picture of what I have managed to do so far.

Early progress on the Word Bearer Dark Apostle

All these distractions just when I was starting to gather momentum painting miniatures, even to the extent of managing to paint a record number of minis in a 2-week period. Now, my progress seems to have hit a brick wall. Damn that arrow!

9 comments:

  1. Bro, you've gotta be strong and resist. Join the Legio Army Throwdown and let's all of us paint like we've never painted before!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yup, come and join us. Having fellow hobbyist pushing towards the same goal is a good motivator.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. @Khairul and Vuel ... sounds like a plan. =) I know I should visit Legio more often after managing just a measly one time in the whole of 2012. Now I just need to tear that arrow from my knee ... but it's so hard.

      Delete
    2. if all fails, break the knee then :p

      Delete
    3. Iqbal my friend ... you have watched way too much Walking Dead shows ... heh heh =P Something that I am also guilty of.

      Delete
  3. Tee hee, I listen to some 40k podcast and they call the apostle "Brother Toilet Paper" and it forever changes my view on this model =P
    Actually its a good looking model, but it could be better if the parchment are a lot of chaos version of purity seals.

    BTW, i will be having a game with Khairul on sat at HF, wanna come see me get stomp? =___,=

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Nice! What time Saturday? Might just make it.

      Delete
    2. should be around 2-3pm

      Delete
    3. Noted ... will try to make it. If you guys cancel then msg me here 'kay?

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...